South Africa

Western Cape premier Alan Winde says the investigation into the George building collapse is progressing well

today23 May, 2024

Background

Western Cape premier, Alan Winde, says the investigation into the George building collapse is progressing well. Thirty-four construction workers died when the five-story building collapsed on the sixth of this month. The search and recovery operation was concluded last week Friday, and the site was handed over to the police. V3 Consulting Engineers is leading the provincial government’s investigation. Winde says they have a responsibility to ensure that everything is done to prevent a similar tragedy:

 

Written by: Leonard Witbeen