insert_link South Africa Loadshedding at stage two until further notice in South Africa Loadshedding has been reduced to stage two until further notice in South Africa, following the successful recovery of eight out of ten generation units that tripped over the weekend. A total of three-thousand-808-megawatts has been restored from the units that tripped. Eskom’s spokesperson, Daphne Mokwena, says while the recovery of the emergency reserves is progressing well, further replenishment is required to reach sufficient levels: today25 February, 2025
insert_link South Africa In S.A, load-shedding has been reduced to stage four until further notice In S.A, load-shedding has been reduced to stage four until further notice. This follows the successful recovery of all five units at Majuba, two at Camden, and one at Medupi since Saturday. In total, eight out of ten generation units that had tripped at the weekend have returned to service. Eskom’s spokesperson, Daphne Mokwena, says emergency reserves replenishment is also progressing well: Meanwhile, the DA’s, Kevin Mileham, says the over-reliance […] today24 February, 2025
insert_link South Africa Eskom Reports Stable Power System with Load-Shedding Suspended In S.A, Eskom says the power system continues to be stable with load-shedding remaining suspended. Eskom spokesperson, Daphne Mokwena says the system also has sufficient emergency reserves. She says from 1 April last year to 14 February, load-shedding was suspended for 317 days, compared to 32 days in the same period last year. She adds that electricity supply was available 99-percent of the time, compared to just 10-percent last […] today15 February, 2025