Songezo Vuma

3 Results / Page 1 of 1

South Africa

In S.A, Lusikisiki Massacre Trial Postponed to March 10

In South Africa, the trial of eight men accused of murdering 18 people in Lusikisiki in the Eastern Cape last year, has been postponed to the tenth of next month for further investigations. The case will be transferred to the High Court in Mthatha. The National Prosecuting Authority's regional spokesperson, Luxolo Tyali, says all accused, including the latest suspect, Songezo Vuma, remain in custody, facing charges of murder and illegal […]

today18 February, 2025

South Africa

South Africa’s Police Minister Welcomes Arrest of Final Suspect in Lusikisiki Mass Shooting

  South Africa's Police minister Senzo Mchunu has welcomed the arrest and court appearance of the final suspect in the Lusikisiki mass shooting, which claimed 18 lives. Twenty-year-old Songezo Vuma was arrested on a bus in King William's Town which was heading to Cape Town on Sunday. He is facing 18 charges of murder, along with possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition charges. Police ministry’s spokesperson, Kamogelo Mogotsi, says […]

today8 January, 2025

South Africa

South Africa’s Police launch manhunt for four men they believe could be linked to the Lusikisiki massacre

South Africa's Police have launched a manhunt for four men they believe could be linked to the Lusikisiki massacre that saw 18 people killed in the Eastern Cape last month. The suspects are Songezo Vuma, Bonga Hintsa, Aphiwe Ndende, and Lwando Anthony Shakes. On Tuesday, one of the men already arrested in connection with the murders, Siphosoxolo Myekethe, abandoned his bail application. National police spokesperson, Athlenda Mathe, says they believe […]

today16 October, 2024